[macvoiceover] Re: global search and delete?

  • From: David Poehlman <david.poehlman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2009 11:59:05 -0400

good old windows and the mac puts a lot of junk on drives too.

Short of using a rm string to do this in terminal, I don't know of anothe rway and I'm not sure how to construct the rm string or how to address the external source.

On Aug 3, 2009, at 11:52 AM, Donna Goodin wrote:

Hi all,

I have found that on my disk drive with my music, some program--I'm assuming the one that came with the dis drive--created files named desktop.ini in every single music folder. These files didn't show up in windows, so I only learned they were there when I connected my drive to my Mac. I'd like a faster solution to this than going folder by folder and deleting each one individually. Is there a way to globally delete every desktop.ini on my disk?
Thanks,
Donna