[macvoiceover] Re: getting a mac

  • From: "Sara" <push649@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 17:46:09 -0500

Yes windows xp can be run on a Mac using either BootCamp or a program called VMWare Fusion. That is off-topic here though unless it has to do with VoiceOver reading the configuration stuff. VoiceOver will not talk in the Windows stuff.

I did not realize the Mac mini would run without a monitor.
If you don't need to use it on batteries then the mini sounds like the Mac for you. Your question about whether things are more accessible would get way too political and personal preference oriented for this list, but I have no trouble starting up my Mac, performing updates, or using most built-in programs. I can even reformat my hard drive if I am so inclined, and I've heard that installing, yes I said installing, the Mac OS from scratch! is accessible. It's not like Windows where you need sighted help for the installation of Windows. As for individual programs, many work well, lots work ok, and some don't work; just the same as Windows programs. Contacting developers to ask them to improve the accessibility of their software also happens.
Hope that helps.
Sara