[macvoiceover] Re: garage band updates

  • From: Dennis Bartlett <dennis.bartlett@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 10:09:42 -0400

One thing I have tried to do is to access the loops while creating a project and I have been unable to do this. In fact, I've only gotten to the loops one time and don't remember how I did it.

Any ideas?

On 9-Jun-08, at 11:29 PM, Ginny wrote:

OK, I’m not ready to do a guide yet, because this might prove to be info which no one cares about—or which everyone else already knows. <grin> I am often the last to figure out things.

I have concluded that from within a track, one can click “editor” then right arrow over to “effects” and then click the arrow button. This should allow many effects to pop up including the ability to quantize” your track—though it is not called quantize. It’s also possible to add certain amp simulations, EWS, compressors, reverbs, filters, and distortion from this same spot. I am happy to go into further detail with anyone who is interested in this bit, though, like I say, I might be the last to figure it out. <grin> The great news is that we can create our own loops from the drum kits because we can quantize. Now, here’s something I’d like to ask any of you who are willing to have an adventure. I spent some time working through the steps of VaShaun’s wonderful tutorial on dragging and dropping. And when I contacted AppleCare to ask the GB tech support about this, she said that we were able to drag and drop the loops from the finder into garage band projects. I couldn’t do it, but I thought maybe one of you wonderfully smart folks might try this. Go to finder, library, audio, apple loops, apple, apple loops for garage band. See if you can paste any of those loops to into a garage band project. I tried three times and couldn’t do it, but I think it could be me.