[macvoiceover] Re: garage band 4 on a new macbook with vo:

  • From: Keith Reedy <wa9dro@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 12:36:03 -0400

David,

What your describing is a GarageBand 5 issue which would have shipped with the new MacBooks.

I think that GB5 has been written for SnowLeopard and I hope that we will find that GB5 works better with SnowLeopard.

If you are using GB to get your work done, please stay with GB4 for now.

Keith Reedy

On Mar 13, 2009, at 9:01 AM, David Poehlman wrote:

A little background:

in garage band 3.0, to access the instruments, once you show track info and click the checkbox next to the word details, there are two popups showing software instramentation. the first one defaults to grand piano, the second defaults to manual. These popups will serve to select the main instramentation group and to select the specific instrament in that group respectively. For example, if I choose woodwind from the first popup, my selections in the second popup are narrowed to only woodwind instraments available in garage band and there by the way is no all instraments unfortunately.

Now, in gb 4.0, on the new macbook circa december 08, we cannot find a way to move off of piano. Keith, or anyone else, can you shed any light on this?

Thanks!