[macvoiceover] Re: frustrating problem with VO and Safari

  • From: "Ron J." <ganahee@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 19:40:09 -0600

Mark and all,

I never seem to have these problems, and I don't have my toolbar hidden, although I sure could. I do have some trouble with an occasional website - mainly the VO-cursor not staying focused in the frame I want to read, but other than that...

        I am, however, experiencing an interesting behavior with Safari and VO.

Yesterday I installed the latest Java and security updates from Software Update, and began to notice something interesting. I have the 5-key, on my NumPad, defined as a mouse-click. My NumPad Enter key is defined as Perform Action. It used to be, until yesterday, that if I pressed NumPad Enter on a link, the link would be activated - NumPad 5 would achieve the same results. Now, though, if I press Enter on a link, VO just makes a loud "thunking" noise. NumPad 5, on the other hand, activates the links. If I'm on a checkbox, popup menu, button - some control like that, however, Enter will activate it.

        Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed this?

For reference, I'm running 10.5.6 on a 2.16GHz MacBook, 160GB hard drive, 2GB RAM, etc. Unfortunately, the updates I installed don't show up in the Installed Updates section of Software Update, so can't tell you, exactly, what they were.

Regards,

Ron

On Feb 17, 2009, at 3:33 PM, Randy Stegall wrote:

Yeah, those things tend to get in the way for those of us who use Voice Over. :)

Randy
On Feb 17, 2009, at 3:37 PM, Mark Baxter wrote:

Thanks, Randy and all; I've since found it, and have hidden everything else as well, which seems to have have fixed the problem.

Mark BurningHawk

Skype and Twitter:  BurningHawk1969
MSN:  BurningHawk1969@xxxxxxxxxxx
My home page: