[macvoiceover] Re: external keyboards are fabulous!!!!

  • From: Donna Goodin <goodindo@xxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 19:11:47 -0400

Thanks, Marcy! It does feel a little strange at first, but you--or at least I--got used to it very quickly.

Take care,
Donna
On Aug 4, 2009, at 6:43 PM, Marcy Weinberg wrote:

Hi, everyone! You know, I'm trying to imagine using control and option with my right hand, and I can't see it happening! I'm so used to using those keys with my left hand, though of course I'm right handed. But Donna, I'm realy happy for you, that you're thrilled with the external keyboard! It's all about what's best for each of us, and though we all have our own prefs, I join right along in your excitement big wide smile! Marcy
On Aug 4, 2009, at 6:28 PM, David Poehlman wrote:

not to mention an option and control key on each end of the space bar row.

On Aug 4, 2009, at 6:20 PM, Donna Goodin wrote:

Hi Robin,

I'm sure it's a matter of personal preference. You can look at the Vo getting started guide to see all the things the numpad commander can do. But in addition to those functions, I just like having pg- up, pg-dn, Home, and End keys, and I think the seven extra function keys will be very handy. Again, I think it's all about personal preference, but I find using vo a lot easier with this keyboard.
Best,
Donna
On Aug 4, 2009, at 5:04 PM, Robin Kipp wrote:

Hi Donna,
Please, could you describe how a keyboard makes everything so much
better for you? Yes, there's the num pad, but is there something else to it all? I've never used a fully-featured Apple keyboard, but decided to stick with my laptop's keyboard which is fully sufficient for me. Would
really like to know what's so exciting about the external keyboard
though!
Robin

Wordy Mom
Think positive,