[macvoiceover] Re: emergincy!!!!!!!!help help!!!!!! snow leopard

  • From: Chantel Cuddemi <jawsgirl87@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2009 07:45:57 -0400

Try reinstalling the os.
On Sep 12, 2009, at 1:43 AM, Marty Rimpau wrote:

Hi all, sorry for the nature of this message, but I need help, and I need it fast, and here is what happened. Somehow, last night, I inadvertantly sent all my on line contacts a file I only wanted to send to one contact, so that, now, there were several file transfers waiting to be accepted, but when I would go to the file transfers window with command shift l, skype would continuously say busy, and wouldn't let me get to any of the clear buttons which were probably dimned since the people hadn't accepted the transfers, so, a couple contacts suggested I delete the skype preferences, but now, I can't do anything with tables, and if I can get to an item in a table, I have to interact with that table, and press vo up and down arrow to go between the list, so, not knowing what was going on, I tried uninstalling, and reinstalling skype, because somebody suggested that the only way to get rid of this problem was to delete the skype preferences in the preferences folder, which I did, then I tried running skype again, and told it that I wanted to see the contacts in my address book, so I told it yes, because I didn't want to lose my contacts, but now, when I stop interacting with a table, it goes to the beginning of a list, so that now, in mail, I can't get to any messages, and even going accross the finder shows no selected folders, as when you move between items on the finder, it always says selected folder or volume, and I would have had no way to have known if or when these contacts would have accepted the small file i sent, and it looks as though I might need some physical help with this, to try and get things back to normal, even turning voice over on and off yielded nothing, and even when I would try repair permissions, I can't do that, because the table goes back to no selection when I stop interacting after selecting my drive, so, could somebody please help me such as Shane, Jessie, or Buddy from the list, and thanks in advance very much in advance.
Marty