[macvoiceover] embosser drivers

  • From: MaryLee Perkins <ml.perkins@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 20:17:03 -0500

It is a new Juliet Pro 60 from Enabling Technologies. I read about a cups driver for a different brand of embosser. Would it be so difficult to write such a driver? People have written Mac camera drivers for Windows web cams, why not for this? This printer has serial, ethernet, usb, and parallel.

Thanks
On Jul 30, 2007, at 5:59 PM, Greg Kearney wrote:

Not that I know of it would require a print driver of some kind. Your embosser should have a serial port or bluetooth that you could use. What is the model and make of the embosser.

Greg
On Jul 30, 2007, at 16:53 , MaryLee Perkins wrote:

If an embosser has ethernet, is there any way to use it from a Mac, going directly to ethernet?
Thanks,
MLP

Users can subscribe to this list by sending email to macvoiceover-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'subscribe' in the Subject field OR by logging into the Webinterface at //www.freelists.org/list/macvoiceover