[macvoiceover] Re: email and instent messaging questions.

  • From: "ashley" <ash.cox@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Feb 2010 18:33:28 -0000

Hi,
My answers are in the email below.
hth
ash.
Check out my website:
http://www.ashleycox.co.uk
and the AC tech podcast:
http://www.bavis.co.uk/theactechpodcast
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Daniel McGee
  To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Sunday, February 07, 2010 5:21 PM
  Subject: [macvoiceover] email and instent messaging questions.

  hi everyone, I don't own a Mac which I have said I guess time and time again
but its getting stronger to buy one and try it out! lol
  But I have a couple of questions for email and instant messaging with
voiceover on the Mac.
  I'll start with the email first.

  well my first question is in windows live mail which is the email client I
use on windows when I setup my accounts I have two of them just to let you
know. Basicly wlm puts them apart from each other. So basicly when your
arrowing down the tree view you have the email accounts in different fouldors.
So basicly when you send and recieve messages they all don't go into one inbox.
My question is basicly can "mail" do this on the Mac side of things? I hope
this question makes sence if not then please let me know if you want me to try
and explain more and i'll try to do my best. Yes, when you create new accounts
it has the accounts in the mailboxes table. You can also select "inbox" if you
want to view all the messages; however, there is the option to use separate
folders

  Ok my second question and this is straight forward. Does "mail" support
message rules?
  Yes it's in "rules" in preferences.

  Ok now for the instence messaging question.
  Basicly I have heard that blind users use a programme called adium to instend
message on the Mac with voiceover which is good but I wanted to know are there
any other instent messaging programmes that work with voiceover on the mac
aside from adium? Also I have a hotmail account which I use to chat with and
its actually this email address i'm sending from. But does the mac instent
messaging work with hotmail?
  Yes, theres ichat, msn and some others. Adium works with hotmail, i use it
all the time.

  Again I hope this kind of makes sence what I am trying to get across.
  Many Thanks and looking forward to hearing ideas and sergestions from all you
lovely Mac users out there!
  Daniel

07:22:00