[macvoiceover] effects area and audio high jack pro

Guys,
I know this is just a headache but since SL the effects area is completely inaccessible unless I'm missing something. has any of you genuises found a solution. I don't care about multiple effects, never had it so don't miss it, but I like to route my itunes through my external speakers while hearing everything else through my headset. I used to be able to do this by using the app mixer in ahp, but sadly now, nothing seems to work. any help would be greatly appreciatd.
thanks
Marie