[macvoiceover] Re: editing system preferences:

  • From: David Poehlman <david.poehlman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2006 16:28:33 -0400

ah, search for hidden files, how do you do that?

Spotlight reveals that it's in system preefs.

On Jul 29, 2006, at 4:25 PM, Marshall F. Scott wrote:

OOPS! Well so much for the obvious. You might try doing a Spotlight search or do a search for hidden files.
Marshall

On Jul 29, 2006, at 2:08 PM, David Poehlman wrote:

Hi Marshall,

It's not in there unfortunately.  Everything but norton is though.

On Jul 29, 2006, at 4:02 PM, Marshall F. Scott wrote:

David,
Look in SYstem/Library/Preference Panes. That seems to be where System Preferences stuff is located. I don't know what will happen if you just delete something so take care.
Marshall

On Jul 29, 2006, at 9:27 AM, David Poehlman wrote:

I had hoped this was the case, but it does not seem so.

On Jul 29, 2006, at 11:23 AM, Jane Jordan (gmail) wrote:

I am guessing there is a plist file somewhere--probably you need to remove that, I guess.

Jane

On Jul 29, 2006, at 10:20 AM, David Poehlman wrote:

Hi all,

Some time back, I installed some apps and then removed them. They put items in system preferences and when one of them, norton autoprotect was uninstalled, it left its pannel behind. How can I remove it?

Thanks!

Click on the link below to go to our homepage. http://www.icanworkthisthing.com

Users can subscribe to this list by sending email to macvoiceover-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Marshall F. scott University of Utah - CVRTI 95 South 2000 East Salt Lake City, UT 84112 Phone: (801) 587-9523 Fax: (801) 581-3128 E-Mail: scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx Skype: scott9576a