[macvoiceover] Re: does vo support the summary attribute on the web?

  • From: Ignasi Cambra <ignasicambra@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 8 Aug 2009 15:53:40 -0400

Great idea. Maybe now it would be best to wait for Snow Leopard given that it's coming out here in a month, though...

On Aug 8, 2009, at 1:32 PM, Chris Hofstader wrote:

Has anyone done a W3C/WAI User Agent Guidelines (UAG) "scorecard" for Safari with VO? A number of years back, a fellow from Montreal used to publish such a beast comparing various versions of JAWS, Window-Eyes and HPR. On a line by line basis, every item in the UAG was tested and the result was a very objective look at how well the Windows screen readers performed vis a vis the guidelines.

If we really care about web accessibility we need our At vendors to buy into the guidelines or web developers will continue to use the excuse, "It works with JAWS..." and forget about true compliance which is the duty of the AT and web developers together.

cdh
On Aug 8, 2009, at 1:00 PM, David Poehlman wrote:

sweet, do you have an example you can point me to?

On Aug 8, 2009, at 12:55 PM, Ignasi Cambra wrote:

It does work.
On Aug 8, 2009, at 9:38 AM, David Poehlman wrote:

all;

This is for the web techies!
can you please tell us whether if the summary attribute is used on a table it is picked up as such by vo?

Thanks!