[macvoiceover] Re: dock and desktop

  • From: Cheryl Homiak <chomiak@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 13:02:25 -0500

Again, it's a matter of personal preference. To do vokeys-d to the dock and hit the first letter or letters of the app and then open it or to cmd-tab to finder and hit the first letter or letters of the app--neither is easier that I can see. And if you restore your system it will still function fine until you get back around to making your aliases so I don't think that would be something one would really be worrying about having to do. Give each person the pros and cons and instructions and let each person choose what is easiest for him/her. It's true that creating the alias might take a few seconds longer than adding to the dock but even that isn't really difficult. One small advantage of having the alias on the desktop is that occasionally vokeys-d doesn't produce results though this isn't as big a problem as it used to be. Again, this is one of the great strengths of Macosx; one has many alternatives and we can al choose what we think is best and easiest for us. Hey, you can even do BOTH if you like.