[macvoiceover] Re: deleting characters

  • From: Ricardo Walker <rwalker296@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2010 17:35:30 -0400

Hi nicole,

If your moving to the right, the cursor will be to the right of the letter or
word spoken.  If you are moving to the left, the cursor will be to the left of
the word or cursor spoken.  This is why it sounds like voiceover is saying a
letter twice sometimes.  This is how the cursor naturally behaves.  Other
screenreaders just mask this from the user.  You can change the way voiceover
announces the cursor by going to vo utilities and selecting the text tab under
verbosity.  In here, change " "speak text the cursor passes" to, speak text to
the right of the cursor.  This is like what you would experience using jaws.

hth