[macvoiceover] Re: deleting characters

  • From: "ashley" <ash.cox@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Apr 2010 10:35:37 +0100

it's the one above the return key
Check out my website:
http://www.ashleycox.co.uk/
And the AC tech podcast:
http://www.bavis.co.uk/theactechpodcast/
----- Original Message ----- From: "Sarah Alawami" <marrie12@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, April 02, 2010 9:09 PM
Subject: [macvoiceover] Re: deleting characters

the backspace key on my keyboare is one key below the eject key wich is onthe right hand side of the keyboard.
On Apr 2, 2010, at 6:42 AM, Nicole Hutchins wrote:

Oh, thanks for your help. I didn't know there was a difference between delete, and backspace. Where is the back space key located?

On Apr 1, 2010, at 5:28 PM, Chris McCausland wrote:

On the Mac the cursor is not underneath the character like when using Windows, it is actually inbetween characters. Voiceover will announce the character that the cursor passes as you use the arrow keys. For example if you cursor right through the word 'Sheep' and hear the S spoken, the cursor is actually inbetween the S and the H. Hit right again and it is inbetween the H and E. If you backspace then it will delete the letter to the left of the cursor and Delete will delete the one to the right.

Does this make sense?>