[macvoiceover] Re: converting a PDF with Preview

  • From: David Poehlman <david.poehlman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 15:39:26 -0400

Mark,

I have a revission. there is only one text edit service in preview under the preview menu in the services submenu. it is to open a text edit window with the new selection of text from the pdf. so select all the document, go to preview menu, go to services submenu, go to open text edit window with selection and you might have what you need. this is better than trying to paste from preview because you should be able to get the whole document in properly this way.

On Aug 31, 2009, at 2:47 PM, Mark BurningHawk Baxter wrote:

Someone has sent me a PDF file they want to be able to read, but cannot. I can open it with Preview, and I can interact with the scroll area and VO will read page by page, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to convert the entire document to a text file. I've looked in the menus, tool bar, and tried to read the help texts; is there a way to render the text of the entire 27-page file into a text file and send that back to him?

Mark BurningHawk Baxter

Skype and Twitter:  BurningHawk1969
MSN:  BurningHawk1969@xxxxxxxxxxx
My home page: