[macvoiceover] Re: closing dashboard and a wiget

  • From: Cara Quinn <Cara-Quinn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2008 17:51:24 -0700

Travis, A VO user can indeed flip a widget. -Gee that sounds dirty doesn't it? lol! -sorry, couldn't resist!…

SEriously though, if one clicks on the info image the widget will flip and if the opposite side is accessible, it can be configured with VO, and then usually flipped back over by clicking on a 'done' button.

Hope yer weekend's going wonderfully!

Smiles,

CQ  :)

On Jul 12, 2008, at 7:19 AM, Travis Siegel wrote:

There's widgets for just about anything you'd like to do.
Widgets for football standings, widgets for watching tv on the computer, widgets for tv guide, widgets for flight departures and arrivals, widgets for playing games, widgets for monitoring your computer's health, you name it, there's probably a widget that handles it. But, as for whether they're accessible or not,that depends a great deal on the widget, who wrote it, what it does, and whether or not it needs configured separately from it's normal functions. Basic widgets that simply display information are accessible, but those who need configuring by what's called flipping the widget cannot be configured by a vo user w/o sighted assistance. But, there are a lot of useful widgets out there, so the only way to tell if the widget you want to use is accessible or not, is to try it, and see if it behaves for you or not. I use a few (and finally decided it was time to learn to make them myself) so I can help if you run into problems.

---
View my Online Portfolio at:
http://www.onemodelplace.com/CaraQuinn