[macvoiceover] Re: anti virous

  • From: Tim Grady <tgrady@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 06:33:56 -0400

Yep, that's what I do.
On Mar 30, 2009, at 6:10 AM, Adam Thompson wrote:

Hi all,

Whilst I agree that there are very few viruses out there for the mac,
I still have some sort of virus scanner on my mac, just in case one
does become a real problem.  I use clamxav (based on clamav), which is
a very easy to use application (it comes with a finder context menu
plugin for scanning files) and has the advantage of being free.

All the best,
Adam.

On 3/30/09, David Poehlman <david.poehlman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The only reason I can think of for putting this stuff on the mac is to
protect windows users.

On Mar 29, 2009, at 10:57 PM, David Poehlman wrote:

who'd be that foolish?

On Mar 29, 2009, at 10:07 PM, E.J. Zufelt wrote:

Good evening,

The following URL links to an interesting blog posting on Mac
viruses.  It discusses two recently discovered viruses that are
installed with pirated Mac applications.

http://theappleblog.com/2009/01/26/more-mac-viruses-similar-sources-time-to-worry/

HTH,
Everett

On 29-Mar-09, at 10:50 PM, Dan wrote:

Hello Greg,
I'm sure that some of them are more than glad to take your money!
Dan
keysjd@xxxxxxxxxxx

On Mar 29, 2009, at 6:30 PM, Greg Kearney wrote:

Given that there are no known viruses for the Mac I have always
wondered just what these programs do.

Greg Kearney
535 S. Jackson St.
Casper, Wyoming 82601
307-224-4022
gkearney@xxxxxxxxx

On Mar 29, 2009, at 7:07 PM, David Poehlman wrote:

yes, norton has a full suite for the mac as does macafee.

On Mar 29, 2009, at 8:42 PM, chantel cuddemi wrote:

With the mac, there are no such antivirus programs.
Chantel.
On Mar 29, 2009, at 8:40 PM, Tom K wrote:

Hi all, what kinds of choices do I have for anti virous
programs?  are their
any free ones that work with VO?  Or, don't I need one at all?

Tom K, who's getting his Mac mini Tuesday!

Manage your subscription by using the web interface on the link
below.

Manage your subscription by using the web interface on the link
below.

with 'subscribe' in the Subject field OR by logging into the
Webinterface at //www.freelists.org/list/macvoiceover