[macvoiceover] Re: an airport question

  • From: Tim Grady <timfgrady@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2008 11:20:26 -0400

A WEP key is a password for a type of security on a wireless network. I'm not sure about the Airports, but if it isn't on the bottom of the unit you should be able to generate your own. Note that a stronger security is recommended like WPA. If you use WPA you don't have to worry that the key is a certain length of hex characters.

On Sep 14, 2008, at 3:37 AM, Jude DaShiell wrote:

When setting up airport, I get a request for a wep key. Where should that information be found?