[macvoiceover] airport icon going nuts with VO

  • From: Jacob Schmude <j.schmude@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 12:27:05 -0400

Hi Everyone
Ok, this is an odd one, and I've never seen the like of it. Recently, my airport icon has been reporting some very strange feedback to VO. It used to be the simple:
Airport, 4 of 4 bars with Network
Obviously Network is whatever the network name is at the time. For the past few days now, however, I've been getting this instead:
kAirPortAXValue4of4WithKey kAirPortAXDescriptionKey  menu
That is the icon as VO reads it now. Items in the drop down menu read in a similar way. It almost sounds like I'm getting some of the underlying control names rather than the labels and text associated with them, intermixed with some of the text. I've no idea what caused this behavior, it's only started within the past few days, and I can't think of anything I've installed that would have even touched that icon.
I can still use it, but that doesn't stop me from trying to fix it :).
Has anyone ever seen this before?

The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair.
        --Douglas Adams