[macvoiceover] after installing applications

  • From: "Marty Rimpau" <mrimpau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 01 Aug 2009 16:37:25 -0700

Hi Dan, just to clarify things in my mind, assuming you don't have a
.pkg installer, I was told to copy the application to the applications
folder, then run the application to install it, and then close the
application, and then eject the .dmg image from the finder, but
assuming it doesn't need to ask questions, is the application
installed, by virtue of the fact that it is in the applications folder,
and if not, can you just remove the .dmg image from the finder, and
then, run the application to install it afterwards?  I ask because, I
installed adium last week, and after copying the application to the
applications folder, I ran the application, but it must have closed
some how, and this, before I ejected the .dmg image from the finder, so
I ran it again, and from the dock, ran the setup assistant, and all was
well, just want the understanding of this to be clear in my mind.
Thanks in advance.
On Sat, 1 Aug 2009 18:57:10 -0400, Dan Eickmeier wrote:

Hi Robin, what I usually do is eject the image with command e after
I've moved the application file into the applications folder.  HTH.
On Jul 31, 2009, at 10:50 AM, Robin Kipp wrote:

> Hi,
> thanks for all the useful instructions! I moved Skype from the image
> to the apps folder, and was even able to bring it up once. I opened
> the settings and the option that will launch Skype automatically was
> unchecked. Still, when I restart my Mac, it keeps mounting the
> image. Skype is also in the dock, but clicking on that won't cause
> any reaction and Skype won't come up. When I click the Skype
> application in the apps folder or in the original image, nothing
> will happen either... If anyone has some more ideas on how I could
> keep Mac Os from mounting the Skype image when it starts up and how
> I could bring up Skype reliably, I'd appreciate some more
> instructions very much!
> Thanks!
> Robin

>> Manage your subscription by using the web interface on the link
>> below.

>> with 'subscribe' in the Subject field OR by logging into the
>> Webinterface at //www.freelists.org/list/macvoiceover

Marty