[macvoiceover] accessible bible app.

  • From: Peggy Fleischer <peggyfleischer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 14:48:25 -0500

Today I tried a bible app for the iphone called "touch bible" and was
pleasantly surprised to find that it was accessible.  I was attracted to this
app because in the  description the developer states that the app is optimized
for use with voiceover for the visually impaired.
It took me about fifteen minutes to figure out how to use this app but it
turned out to be quite accessible  with all buttons labeled.  I ended up paying
for the Touch Bible loaded version but there is a free version and also one for
about two dollars that has just the KJV and Strongs.  The loaded one costs
under five dollars and has eight translations in it.  You can read more about
this app and watch some video demos including one with voiceover at
"http://www.touchbible.com/voiceover";.
This program is easier to use than mantis but with similar features.

Peggy Fleischer
peggyfleischer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

 Psalm 90 12 So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto
wisdom.