[macvoiceover] Re: X11?

  • From: Keith Reedy <wa9dro@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 23:53:10 -0400

Thanks guys, thats too bad.

Keith Reedy

On Mar 24, 2009, at 11:02 PM, Travis Siegel wrote:

X11 is the graphical interface a lot of unix-type operating systems use for making applications graphical. As far as I know, none of the previously implemented solutions (such as the ones for kde and gnome) will work on osx, so we're kind of stuck there. X11 (even on osx) won't use the cocoa or carbon calls that allows vo to read the screen for us, and therefore, they will not be accessible to us. Until something gets ported from linux/bsd, we're left out of the loop on this one.

On Mar 24, 2009, at 9:47 PM, Keith Reedy wrote:

Hi folks,

Has any one tried reading programs maid MAC compatible with x11?

This is way over my head.

Thanks.