[macvoiceover] Re: Where are my readiris rtf files located?

  • From: Russell Solowoniuk <rsolowoniuk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 08:50:06 -0600

Hi Cheryl & all,

In your Documents folder there should be a folder called "Scans" and all the pages you scanned should be there. Of course, they will be in .tif format with obscure names, so you'd have to run them through Read iris again to OCR them to find out what they are.

HTH

Russell
On 28-Aug-09, at 7:47 AM, Cheryl Homiak wrote:

Oh, I found them but this isn't good news!!! They go to the Readiris folder under your home directory > Library > Caches > Temporary Items. So this means no scanning I've done ever got saved permanently on to my computer; I checked and once you close Text Edit the item disappears. This means you have to save manually anything you want to keep which of course does me no good for past scans. Now what I want to know is: is there any way to change the location where these are saved? I don't see anything so far. so all of you who thought you had previous scans tucked safely away somewhere, if you used the automatic save, I think you are out of luck along with me!!! I started to suspect the terrible truth when I couldn't find the files with spotlight!!!!!!

--
Cheryl
"Let the words of my mouth,