[macvoiceover] Re: Web Browsing.

  • From: ashley <ash.cox@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 19:03:29 +0000

I use quick nav most of the time; it does improve the experience.
ash

Website:
http://www.ashleycox.co.uk
Twitter:
http://www.twitter.com/ashleycox2
Blog160:
http://www.blog160.com

On 22/02/2011 18:06, Gabe Vega wrote:
Turn quick nav on?

Gabe Vega - Sent from my iPhone
(623) 565-9357

On Feb 22, 2011, at 11:43 AM, ashley<ash.cox@xxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:

Hi all,
While I've been a mac user for nearly 2 years now, One of th ethings I've never
been very good at is web browsing. To be honest, I found web browsing on the
mac almost annoying, probably because i'm used to using a windows screenreader,
and using just the arrow keys to navigate. One of the things in VO that I don't
like is constantly having to hold down multiple keys, and using the ctrl option
lock is just plain annoying.

However, ranting aside, does anybody have any tips, no of any guides, or any
useful resources, for using voiceover with safari (or any html content area for
that matter)?

I love the way voiceover does everything else, but the web experience needs to
be better.

Thanks for any suggestions!
Ash

--
Website:
http://www.ashleycox.co.uk
Twitter:
http://www.twitter.com/ashleycox2
Blog160:
http://www.blog160.com

with 'subscribe' in the Subject field OR by logging into the Web interface at