[macvoiceover] Re: Weather warning software?

  • From: Keith Reedy <WA9DRO@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2006 16:21:12 -0400

Thanks Cheryl,

That is good information. I am the Illiana Skywarn cordanator for western IN and Eastern IL. I do have information relaied to me by e- mail by a ham who has Interwarn on his Windows computer, but Interwarn will not program for a MAC, even after MAC users have contacted them, this guy is a hard case.

Thanks.
Keith Reedy
WA9DRO@xxxxxxxxx
God gives his best to those who leave the choice with him--J. Hudson Taylor

On Sep 2, 2006, at 3:58 PM, Cheryl Homiak wrote:

There are some of the NOAA weather radio stations that can be heard online; I just discovered that our weather station here in Madison is one of them though this may be fairly new because it wasn't one last time I checked. It's an m3u playlist file that will download but you want to open it in realplayer rather than VLC as it's choppy on VLC at least on my computer. when it first starts up it says you'll hear the weather through one speaker and the storm tracker in the other speaker; since there aren't storms right now I can't tell what that will be like. I realize this still doesn't give you an alarm but still thought you might be interested. The list of stations with online audio available is at
www.nws.noaa.gov/nwr/streamaudio.htm

The stations that carry this online are apparently repeater/relay stations run by universities or private companies and so the audio stream itself is not controlled or managed by NOAA.

-- Cheryl "Where your treasure is, there will your heart be also".

Click on the link below to go to our homepage. http://www.icanworkthisthing.com

Users can subscribe to this list by sending email to macvoiceover- request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx