[macvoiceover] Re: Voiceover scripting, was apple scripting

  • From: "Chris Hofstader" <cdh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2009 11:57:35 -0500

How do I find Josh's script?

Happy Hacking,
cdh

Chris Hofstader
email: cdh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Blog: http://www.blindconfidential.blogspot.com
Skype: BlindChristian

-----Original Message-----
From: macvoiceover-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:macvoiceover-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of David Poehlman
Sent: Tuesday, February 03, 2009 11:52 AM
To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [macvoiceover] Re: Voiceover scripting, was apple scripting

you need to look at the script that josh wrote to understand this.
Often, what we currently do is pass stuff to the os either the tts or
another part of the os to achieve what we desire.

On Feb 3, 2009, at 11:41 AM, E.J. Zufelt wrote:

David,

Can you explain how to get Apple script to interact with Voiceover to
do even the simplest thing like say a string of text?  I know that you
can use Apple Script to interact with the tts engine, but I don't hink
that it is possible with VO.

Everett

database 3822 (20090203) __________

http://www.eset.com