[macvoiceover] Re: Voiceover scripting, was apple scripting

  • From: Ignasi Cambra <icambra@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2009 13:43:47 -0500

Is there a page to download scrips at www.lioncourt.com?
Thanks!

Ignasi
On Feb 3, 2009, at 12:44 PM, Josh de Lioncourt wrote:

On Feb 3, 2009, at 9:08 AM, E.J. Zufelt wrote:
Good afternoon,

Thanks for that example code. Wouldn't it be nice if there was a way to say the string with the Voiceover voice settings?

Sure, it would be nice. Hopefully that will be a reality at some point. Is it something that is cruicial? No. If you want to script for accessibility, script the application in question, not the screen reader.

My simple Twitterific script reads the time stamp of the currently selected message. Download it here:

http://www.lioncourt.com/TwitterificTimestamp.scpt

Josh de Lioncourt
Mac-cessibility: http://www.Lioncourt.com
Twitter: http://twitter.com/Lioncourt

"Beauty was a savage garden, so why should it wound him that the most despairing music is full of beauty?"
        The Vampire Lestat--Anne Rice