[macvoiceover] Re: Voiceover scripting, was apple scripting

  • From: "E.J. Zufelt" <lists@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2009 11:21:37 -0400

Good morning,

Unfortunately Voiceover cannot be scripted. Although Voiceover does work well with most applications, there are certainly times were accessibility could be improved through scripting.

Everett

On 3-Feb-09, at 11:08 AM, Jim Gatteys wrote:

Hi Mike!

I just downloaded
AppleScript: the definite guide and
AppleScript in a nutshell,
both Oreilly books from Bookshare.  They don't seem to be very new but
they seem to cover the basics of scripting and that's what I was
looking for.

And as for whether VoiceOver is scriptable, I understnad its not and
there doesn't seem to be a script dictionary or library for it.  I
don't really know though--all still new to me.
Jim

--
Skype:  JimInTexas