[macvoiceover] Re: Voiceover saying busy all the time

  • From: Marty Rimpau <mrimpau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 16:58:03 -0700

Hi Amanda, try getting the dvi to video composit adapter for about $19 which plugs in to the mac mini's monitor slot. The part number is m/ 9267 and it may help, but I currently have the adapter plugged in, and it doesn't get rid of all the busy signals, but you'll have an easier time with safari. Also, apple downgraded flash in snow leopard, so you might want to go to adobe.com and get the latest flash player which is a .pkg installer, and is very much like a windows installer, just follow the prompts, and you should have no problems. The updated flash player helps a bit with the busy signals as well, but something definitely needs to be done about this.

On Oct 23, 2009, at 4:50 PM, Amanda wrote:

OK, I have a Mac Mini with 2 gig of ram and a 2 gighz processor. It came with Leopard installed, and I upgraded to snowleopard.
On 23/10/2009, at 10:11 PM, David Poehlman wrote:

We need to know more.

On Oct 22, 2009, at 11:55 PM, Amanda wrote:

Hi,

I've just installed Snowleopard on my new Mac. I've noticed that over the last day or so, Voiceover has been saying "busy" quite a lot, particularly when opening Safari and Itunes. Is there anything I can do about this?

Amanda