[macvoiceover] Re: VoiceOver periodically repeating focus

  • From: Bryan Smart <bryansmart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 18:38:04 -0400

Actually, the screen curtain just puts a black image up on the screen, but the
screen will still draw power. You can tell this because, if the curtain is on,
you can look at the screen from odd angles and still see the shimmer of the
backlight running. If the brightness is set at 100%, you can feel at the bottom
of the screen after some time passes, and still feel the heat from the light
running for the entire time.

Maybe this isn't true on all Macs, but it seems to be the case on my MBP, at
least.

Bryan