[macvoiceover] Re: VoiceOver periodically repeating focus

  • From: Ignasi Cambra <ignasicambra@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 12:22:46 -0400

If you turn the screen curtain on with vo shift f11 you will be basically turning the display off. Every time you restart the computer or turn vo on and off the screen is on again, though.

On Oct 21, 2009, at 2:05 PM, Bryan Smart wrote:

I'll try to adjust them separately to see what difference it makes.

Brightness = 0 is mostly fine for me, since I don't need to see the display, but another problem is that brightness doesn't stay at 0. Rebooting throws display brightness back to 100%. Also, sleeping and waking the MBP doesn't bring brightness up to 100%, but it takes it off of 0. There are some other situations when brightness automatically changes, but they aren't coming to mind at the moment. I think logging out and back in does, too. Wish there was a way to make the setting stick. 100% brightness will drain the battery fast, and I don't always catch it until it has been sucking down the battery for 20-30 minutes!

Bryan