[macvoiceover] Voice over on speech off

  • From: "Paul Nugent" <Paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2010 17:22:25 -0000

Hi,

An acquaintence of mine is also a new Mac User, and he has just asked me if
I could help.  Well I couldn't, and so I am putting it to the list.

Somehow he has turned off speech.  The Mac boots up and says that Voice Over
is on, and then says that speech is off.  He then gets silence.  He has
obviously pressed a key combination unwittingly that has switched it off.
Can you let me know how he can switch speech back on please?

Thanks

Paul Nugent