[macvoiceover] Re: Virtualbox is mostly accessible

  • From: "Jane Jordan (Gmail)" <juanitatighan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 22:22:23 -0500

Hey there. So this is another way to install Windows and get JAWS runningsay, on an iMac. It won't work on an iBook, will it?

Jane

On Nov 26, 2008, at 8:08 PM, Jacob Schmude wrote:

No, this is a virtualization product similar to VMWare and Parallels. The GUI is now mostly accessible, and before it was not. If you wanted to use VirtualBox you had to do it exclusively on the command-line. Voiceover will never be able to read other operating systems, so that's never even a question. The main advantages of Virtualbox are that it's free and it has some advanced features that VMWare Fusion and Parallels lack--granted, most people don't need these features but operating system geeks like me find them extremely useful. Something I'm looking into is whether Sun explicitly enabled Voiceover accessibility in Virtualbox or if this means that QT is at long last becoming accessible on OS X. If this is the case it opens up a world of Applications and programming possibilities we didn't have before, a lot of open source applications are written in QT, and even some commercial ones.

On Nov 26, 2008, at 15:44, Sara wrote:

Hi. Are you saying this makes other operating systems accessible with VO? Really confused here.
Sara
----- Original Message ----- From: "Jacob Schmude" <j.schmude@xxxxxxxxx >