[macvoiceover] Re: Victor reader stream and the mac

  • From: Tim Grady <tgrady@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2008 08:30:44 -0500

Isn't that weird. Since I installed the update I see the Stream everytime I have connected it. I was using a cable from a motorola mp3 player because I lost the original to the Stream. Still it's much faster using a card reader though. Just thought I'd try it after the update.

On Dec 23, 2008, at 6:56 PM, Greg Kearney wrote:

I have the update installed and have had no luck connecting the stream to my MacPro

Greg Kearney
535 S. Jackson St.
Casper, Wyoming 82601
307-224-4022
gkearney@xxxxxxxxx

On Dec 23, 2008, at 4:50 PM, Tim Grady wrote:

Greg,
It's slow, but if you have the 10.5.6 update installed try it and see if you still get connection problems.
On Dec 23, 2008, at 2:18 PM, Greg Kearney wrote:

The VictorReader Stream has some reported issues with mounting as a drive on the Mac. I would suggest using a USB SD card reader which will work and will be much faster anyway.

There is no way to convert the audio files that the Stream saves to any format the Mac can read. This is a failing of the Stream itself which should have an option to save files in a more standard format. You should contact Humanware and ask that future software updates permit saving in WAV, MP3 or AIFF formats.

The MacOS has file zipping and unzipping built in. To unzip a file simply open it in the finder the unzipped files will expand into the same directory as the .zip archive. To zip a file or directory select that file in the Finder and then use the context menue (VO- shift-M) and choose the compress option.

Greg Kearney
535 S. Jackson St.
Casper, Wyoming 82601
307-224-4022
gkearney@xxxxxxxxx

On Dec 23, 2008, at 11:57 AM, Stacey Robinson wrote:

Hi all,
Does the victor reader stream work with the mac?
Is there a way to convert notes that you record on th stream with a mac?
Does the mac have a way of zipping and unzipping files?
Thanks,
Have a blessed day,
Stacey Robinson and GEB dog Chesley In Tennessee.
staceyr75@xxxxxxxxxxxxx