[macvoiceover] Re: VO readingtime

  • From: David Poehlman <david.poehlman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2009 12:23:04 -0400

I think we are looking for twelve oclock?

On Aug 29, 2009, at 12:17 PM, Brett Campbell wrote:

We now have the time read as 12 hours.

Brett
On Aug 29, 2009, at 7:23 AM, Russell Solowoniuk wrote:

Hi David and all,

Getting to this a bit late... David, I tried all the different settings you suggest, but VO still reads the time of an appointment in iCal as 10 hours, 30 minutes, 0 seconds. It doesn't only read this way when creating or editing an appointment, but also when simply checking appointments. Can someone running SL check to see how VO reads the time in iCal?

Thanks David and all,

Russell
On 25-Aug-09, at 8:16 AM, david poehlman wrote:

yeah, I think we've pinned this one down. since it is in editting mnode, it's gonna act like this. you might try fooling round with the way vo echos like setting it to words in stead of characters and also try setting it to recognize words as white space only.

On Aug 25, 2009, at 10:05 AM, Russell Solowoniuk wrote:

Yup, David, that's what I have it set to!

Thanks

Russell
On 25-Aug-09, at 3:44 AM, David Poehlman wrote:

did you try numbers as words?

On Aug 24, 2009, at 10:45 PM, Russell Solowoniuk wrote:

Thanks David. It's not a big deal, just wondered if there was a way to change it, that's all.

Russell
On 24-Aug-09, at 5:43 PM, David Poehlman wrote:

hmm, don't know if that is possible.

On Aug 24, 2009, at 7:05 PM, Russell Solowoniuk wrote:

I wantVO to say ten thirty instead of 10 hours 30 minutes 0 seconds.
On 24-Aug-09, at 4:49 PM, David Poehlman wrote:

wht do you want to change it to?

On Aug 24, 2009, at 6:45 PM, Russell Solowoniuk wrote:

Hi all,

I just entered a couple of appointments in iCal, and noticed that VO says the time as 10 hours 30 minutes 0 seconds instead of saying ten thirty. Is there a way to change this? I tried setting VO to read numbers as digits instead of words, but this made it worse. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Russell