[macvoiceover] Re: VO friendly application to convert .3gp files.

  • From: Greg Kearney <gkearney@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 09:45:16 -0600

I am sorry to report that there is no Macintosh codec for playing these files. The issue is not the file format itself but rather the audio encoding which is used, the same one employed by the NLS in the United States. I have made a request for HumanWare to have the option of saving audio in a more standard format such as WAV or MP3. I would urge the rest of you to do the same.

Gregory Kearney
Manager - Accessible Media
Association for the Blind of Western Australia
61 Kitchener Avenue, PO Box 101
Victoria Park 6979, WA Australia

Telephone: +61 (08) 9311 8202
Telephone: +1 (307) 224-4022 (North America)
Fax: +61 (08) 9361 8696
Toll free: 1800 658 388 (Australia only)
Email: gkearney@xxxxxxxxx

On 18/05/2009, at 9:30 AM, Dan wrote:

Hello Dave,
Thanks. I'll give it a look.

On May 18, 2009, at 4:35 AM, David Poehlman wrote:

dan, go to quicktime, go to plugins and have a look on the plugins page. I
saw something there.