[macvoiceover] Re: VO and gameday audio

  • From: Cheryl Homiak <chomiak@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2009 16:00:53 -0500

Glad you got gameday audio working. I typed it out in a big hurry so I'm not suppressed it was confusing. Glad you persevered.

--
Cheryl
"Let the words of my mouth,

On Sep 2, 2009, at 10:53 AM, Judy Wilkinson wrote:

Thanks to Cheryl, I can now go to London. While I found some of the instructions confusing, I found that the general "squence" was terrific: I just did searches for key words and went straight to the links I wanted.
Thanks again. My husband Steve is so happy!
On Aug 30, 2009, at 4:03 PM, Cheryl Homiak wrote:

I can help you with this; I use gameday audio all the time.

This year you log in before you go to the game links, not after.

1. Go to www.mlb.com.
2. Press enter on the login link.
3. Enter your username and password. If you are using snow leopard and have forms in the rotor enabled in voiceover utility, do vokeys- u and rigt-arrow to forms and down past "I already have an mlb subscription" and the edit text below that is where you hit enter to get out of the rotor and enter your username. tab once to the secure field and enter your password. tab I think twice to the button and do vokeys-space. 3. Assuming you are now logged in, you want the "audio and video" link. again, I'd use the vokeys-u and find it in unvisited links if you haven't pressed on that before. Hit enter to get out of the rotor and enter on that audio and video link. 4. Now you want a link that says "current subscribers click here". Use the vokeys-u again and find this link. Hit enter to exit rotor as before and enter on the link. 5. Now you are in the page with the game links. To get closer to the actual game links, you can do vokeys-u again and in the links list type o and you should see an "open calendar" link. Hit enter to exit the rotor but don't hit enter again on the link. Then use vokeys- right arrow to travel through the different games. Hit enter on the link you want. Of course if you know what you are looking for you can try to find that link or use item chooser to find the team name or the station call letters instead of going from hopen calendar with vokeys-right-arrow.. 6. Don't worry about the text that may come up about "are you trying to log in to gameday audio" etc. It comes up even if you are doing the right thing and drives me crazy. But you should shortly hear the game feed if it's available.

If I haven't given enough detail or have confused you, post again and I'll try to help further. If you don't get audio or get some kind of error message also post again. This looks complicated but after a few times you will work out your own shortcuts and it can be done pretty quickly.

Hth.