[macvoiceover] VO and Linux

  • From: "Michael Busboom" <mike@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 09:06:49 +0100

For someone who hasn't even taken possession of his Mac Book yet, I'm asking
a lot of questions.

I understand that Leopard is actually built on the Linux OS.  Thus, will VO
work under native Linux?  Is there even a way to easily run Linux on the Mac
Book and if so, will Fusion allow me to accomplish this?  I will purchase
fusion to be able to switch between Windows and the Mac OS.  But does Fusion
also have the ability to let me work under Linux, too.  If yes, will VO run
with Linux?  Is it an either or thing with Fusion, i.e. I can either switch
between Leopard and Windows or Leopard and Linux?

This morning, I will be going with my daughter, Astrid, to the U.S. Embassy
here in Vienna to renew her passport.  That process brings me one step
closer to flying to Illinois, visiting family and friends, and getting
acquainted with my new Mac Book later this month.  I can hardly wait!

My best to all of you,

Mike