[macvoiceover] Re: VO, OpenOffice, Tables

  • From: John Hess <johnythehess@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2009 21:09:33 -0500

excellent, ignore my last questiondidn't see this here. Wow! I need to really dive in to this. Fantastic.

On Jan 31, 2009, at 1:47 PM, Jacob Schmude wrote:

Hello
To access a table in Pages, arrow over to it. You will not be told there is a table there, what you will here is the word "highlighted." It would be nice if it mentioned the fact there was a table there, but at least you can find it. Now, stop interacting with the text area and go to the right one. iWork exposes tables separate from the document view, and they appear when you're highlighted on them. Interact with the table, and there you go. To enter data, route the mouse to the table cell (vo +cmd+f5) and double-click--if you have the mouse tracking the VO cursor, routing the mouse is unnecessary. You will then be able to enter what you wish into the cell.
hth

On Jan 30, 2009, at 12:04, Tommaso Nonis wrote:

Could someone explain how tables are accessed with pages and voiceover?

Tom

The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair.
        --Douglas Adams

John W. Hess & Barclay the WonderLab