[macvoiceover] Using the mouse to get to a toolbar in Pages

I have figured out that I have to have the insertion cursor in the body of a document before i can change the linespacing in Pages in IWork 09. How can I leave the cursor in the body of the text part of a document, and use voiceover to access the formatting toolbar?

Thanks!