[macvoiceover] Re: Using an external microphone with Garage Band 4

  • From: John Gunn <gunn@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 05:28:34 -0500

Hello:

I think expecting a microphone to work plugged in to line is expecting too much because of impedence match. Even on the windows side if I plug in a microphone because of the impedence of the microphone and the line ine this is the reason why it doesn't work.

Take care,

John

On May 20, 2009, at 6:31 PM, Ignasi Cambra wrote:

Yes, the microphone is on, but there's no way I can need any drivers for it, because it's just connected to the line in jack... I'll keep investigating...

On May 20, 2009, at 2:03 PM, Ginny Owens wrote:

And you're sure the mic is on? In that case, I'd check and see if there are any drivers for the mac on the web page of your mic's maker. :) I actually had to install a driver for a Yamaha keyboard the other day in order for it to work with my Mac...first thing I've ever had to install a driver for on
this computer.

Ginny Owens
Official site:  http://www.ginnyowens.com
MySpace:  http://www.myspace.com/ginnyowens