[macvoiceover] Using a program called Pacifist

  • From: "Jim Gatteys" <jgatteys@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "General discussions on all topics relating to the use of Mac OS X by the blind" <discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 15:09:33 -0500

Hi all!

Recently I deleted my utilities folder--we won't go into how that happened!

I found a program called Pacifist that allowed me to select the
utilities folder from the install disk and it installed all the
necessary files.

I'm a mac newbie and while I'm not really comfortable navigating the
mac yet, this program seemed to work fine.  There are a couple of
buttons that I couldn't tell what they did but the options that I
needed were under the menus.
This might not be a big deal to seasoned users but I was happy to get
my files back.

Jim

Skype:  JimInTexas