[macvoiceover] Re: Usability

  • From: Richie Gardenhire <rhire1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2010 11:26:41 -0800

It most certainly is. You may find, as many of us have, that Safari is easier and straightforward as Internet Explorer, particularly if you are working in Group Mode. Richie Gardenhire, Anchorage, Alaska.

On Mar 31, 2010, at 11:44 PM, Jeronimo Schöber wrote:

Hello,
slowly I am finding my ways arround Mac OS X.
Now since I speak German I need to purchase a speech synthesizer. This willcost me about 99 Euro plus vat.
Currently I am using the demo of Acapellas speech synthesizer.
The good thing about Mac OSX is that the screen reader comes with it for free. However I am working under Windows and I already have a screen reader working. Now would you say Mac OS X is usable at the present 10.6.3 state of development?
I read about safari being busy and mail crashing etc. etc.
It is fun to play with OS X but I wonder if it is fun to work with it. I feel that using Safari is harder than using internet explorer with Jaws for example. This might be due to my lack of knowledge. I have taken my time to learn how to use Jaws or any screen reader. So ... Is it worthwhile spending more than 100 Euros if you already had a working environement?
Thanks for any thaughts.
Jeronimo