[macvoiceover] Re: Usability

  • From: WandaAdmin <diazw@xxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2010 07:30:35 -0400

Hello Folks!!!!

I agree with Keith!!! my back ground is in astro-physics and when I lost my sight I could not do science until I got my hands on a mac with voice over. Voice over took me back to do data reduction as I used before and by myself. I think voice over is lots more reliable than jaws and it is good that we may go to Eclipse of to Xcode and write our own code to interact with the mac...and the fact that the cursor follows the voice uses the mouse listener is great. That is an amazing idea.

Wanda

Wanda Diaz-Merced
Department of Computer Science
University of Glasgow
Glasgow, G12 8QQ
wanda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
0758862790

On Apr 1, 2010, at 7:22 AM, Keith Reedy wrote:

Good morning,

I have used the MAC and Voiceover for nearly 5 years and I have not used Windows at all.

I use it in the the office at work and at home and I do lots of things with it.

You may hear about problems on this list because people are looking for answers to there problems, but, yes the MAC works great.

Keith Reedy

Click the link below to download MP3's of Keith Reedy's music as a gift from Bibles For The Blind.

http://biblesfortheblind.org/download_music.shtml

God gives His best to those who leave the choice with Him. J Hudson Taylor.

On Apr 1, 2010, at 3:44 AM, Jeronimo Schöber wrote:

Hello,
slowly I am finding my ways arround Mac OS X.
Now since I speak German I need to purchase a speech synthesizer. This willcost me about 99 Euro plus vat.
Currently I am using the demo of Acapellas speech synthesizer.
The good thing about Mac OSX is that the screen reader comes with it for free. However I am working under Windows and I already have a screen reader working. Now would you say Mac OS X is usable at the present 10.6.3 state of development?
I read about safari being busy and mail crashing etc. etc.
It is fun to play with OS X but I wonder if it is fun to work with it. I feel that using Safari is harder than using internet explorer with Jaws for example. This might be due to my lack of knowledge. I have taken my time to learn how to use Jaws or any screen reader. So ... Is it worthwhile spending more than 100 Euros if you already had a working environement?
Thanks for any thaughts.
Jeronimo