[macvoiceover] Re: Update

  • From: David Poehlman <david.poehlman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2009 10:45:38 -0400

Hi russ,

there are two ways to do this. the manual is well layed out. it as two sections, an outline and the full document. if you get to the full document, you can interact with it and read the whole thing. you might have gathered that this is a pdf file and the application that displays pdfs is called preview. if you interact with the outline view, you can find a section youwant to read, stop interacting and vo right to the document view and begin reading at that point. You can eve search for key words and it will list the places where they are found and you can press vo-space I think to where they live.

On Aug 7, 2009, at 10:13 AM, Russell Solowoniuk wrote:

Hey Dave,

I opened it briefly last night and had trouble navigating from page to page, and it was getting late, so went no further! Any tips for navigating the PDF file? :)

Thanks,

Russell
On 7-Aug-09, at 3:37 AM, David Poehlman wrote:

read the computer user guide that is found on your system in user guides and information yet russ?

On Aug 6, 2009, at 10:57 PM, patrickneazer wrote:

Hello Russell and all:

Ah, with you in charge of the planet and universe I know one thing for certain ... the powers in charge will be using the coolest technology around (smile).

Great job on both your getting acquainted with the Mac and your success with Navigon. It sounds like things are coming along pretty nicely.

Keep up the good work and remember we are not only here for you but rooting for you as well. You have undertaken quite a few things in such a short period of time. You are to be congratulated for that.

While striving to take over the planet remember to reach around and give yourself a pretty large pat on the back. You deserve it for this one.

Take care and enjoy. And remember, mac products have been known to result in much happiness and sleep loss.
On Aug 6, 2009, at 8:03 PM, Russell Solowoniuk wrote:

Hey Patrick,

<grin> Next week the planet... week after that the
universe!

Speaking of Navigon, I went out today, and, as the driver went along his merry, way, I watched our progress, and was able to tell when we were arriving at our destination. I said to the driver, "Is this 39 Avenue?, and he said yes, how did you know? I said, I was following you and I know that we went down 75 street, turned right on Roper Road, turned left on 91 street, and now just turned right on 39 Avenue. He was so impressed... and I was too! Totally amazing and life changing technology that Apple has given us access to, hey? <big happy grin>

Russell

On 6-Aug-09, at 10:25 AM, patrickneazer wrote:

Hello Russell and all:

Great job my friend. Between navigon and this thing you will be running the planet by next week (smile).
On Aug 6, 2009, at 12:23 PM, Keith Reedy wrote:

Way to go Russell!

Keith Reedy

On Aug 6, 2009, at 11:25 AM, Russell Solowoniuk wrote:

Hi everyone,

Well, I'm typing this from my new iMac. I had to get sighted help to get past the setup screens, but now that I'm in, all is working quite nicely! Haven't been able to get a chance to try install my printer or scanner but that will come soon. Must go out for the day... hate to but have a comittment! <grin>

Two quick questions... is ther a VO keystroke to read the current line? Is there a keystroke to say all?

Have an awesome day all!

A happy iMac user,

Russell

Take good care and I wish you enough.