[macvoiceover] Re: Update

Hi Folks,
FYI, I think Russell's problem was caused by the delay between the end of the music and the start of speech. I almost got suckered at the same place. So here is what happens when you start a brand, spanking new Mac:

1. Machine asked to select the main language.
2. Music plays (and there is no way to stop it.
3. Music stops.
4. After a few seconds, the voice saying "OS X contains a built in screen reader..."

This is just to avoid problems in the future.

Marsh

On Aug 6, 2009, at 10:23 AM, Keith Reedy wrote:

Way to go Russell!

Keith Reedy

On Aug 6, 2009, at 11:25 AM, Russell Solowoniuk wrote:

Hi everyone,

Well, I'm typing this from my new iMac. I had to get sighted help to get past the setup screens, but now that I'm in, all is working quite nicely! Haven't been able to get a chance to try install my printer or scanner but that will come soon. Must go out for the day... hate to but have a comittment! <grin>

Two quick questions... is ther a VO keystroke to read the current line? Is there a keystroke to say all?

Have an awesome day all!

A happy iMac user,

Russell