[macvoiceover] Re: Two questions

Hi Richard, you need both a mouse, and a monitor for your mac mini, I
don't know why apple didn't provide something in the operating system
where if voice over was running, there could be a script or something
to tell the operating system to ignore the request by the operating
system for a monitor, and operate as normally, since the other platform
doesn't require one, but these are just my comments.  There is a dvi to
video adapter for $20, and I believe the part number for this is m/9267
and once plugged in, it will trick your mac mini in to thinking there's
a monitor, when there isn't one, and certain dialogs like the empty
trash dialog, and the change all portion of the get info dialog, where
you can change what player plays which file types, will work better, as
a friend of mine who was helping me with an i-mac, when I first got my
mac mini, couldn't figure out why I was having so many problems, and as
far as telling the operating system to ignore the monitor when voice
over was running, I did put in a request to apple accessibility
regarding that, but apparently, it fell on deaf ears.
On Thu, 3 Sep 2009 09:15:53 -0500, Richard Ring wrote:

I have two questions regarding my Mac Mini which is 5 days old.
First, someone told me that the Mac would run better if I attached a
mouse.  When I went to the Apple store to make my purchase, they wanted
to sell me a mouse for $50.  No way was I going to put down that kind
of
money for a rodent.  However, I have a few USB mice that are gathering
dust that I could connect if necessary.
Second, web pages download at a snail's pace on my Mac.  I don't know
why this is so, but my cheapy Windows netbook downloads web pages far
faster than the Mac Mini running Snow Leopard.  It should be noted that
the Mac has a much faster processor than my netbook, so I am wondering
if there are settings I should change or is this simply how Macs do
things? I am not picking on my Mac, I am simply asking for information
here.
Thank you all.

Marty