[macvoiceover] Re: Twitter Clients.

  • From: ashley <ash.cox@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2011 17:44:03 +0000

I think it's open source, licensed under a gpl license.
Judging by discussions on the qwitter mailingList, the developers only seam keen to add features they want, and are generally not interested in user suggestions.

ash

Website:
http://www.ashleycox.co.uk
Twitter:
http://www.twitter.com/ashleycox2
Blog160:
http://www.blog160.com

On 24/02/2011 17:11, T wood wrote:
Hey there

You might, before doing this, want to contact the dev of that client. I'm sure
he would love to work on it alongside you, since as far as I know it isn't open
source.

thanks, just thought I'd throw that out there.

On 2011-02-24, at 2:44 AM, ashley wrote:

Hi,
It's located at:
http://www.qwitter-client.net
it doesn't have a gui, but however uses keystroke combinations and a tts engine
to read the tweats. If you can port this to mac, I know I, and a lot of other
blind users, will be extremely grateful.
ash

Website:
http://www.ashleycox.co.uk
Twitter:
http://www.twitter.com/ashleycox2
Blog160:
http://www.blog160.com

On 23/02/2011 22:55, Travis Siegel wrote:
I'll go take a look at it.  If it's truly written in python, and the gui is
separate from the app itself, it should be relatively simple to port to the mac.
Having never used twitter, it may take me a bit to figure out if it's working
properly though. :)
And, if someone has a direct url of where it could be found to save me some
searching (lazy mode you know) then I'd sure appreciate it. :)

with 'subscribe' in the Subject field OR by logging into the Webinterface at

with 'subscribe' in the Subject field OR by logging into the Web interface at