To: <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, August 05, 2010 12:15 AM
Subject: [macvoiceover] Re: The iTunes media folder location

Sorry, I miss read your message. What you want to do I think, is too tell itunes where your files are without moving them into your current itunes folder. For that, go to your advance tab in itunes preferences and uncheck the box that say "copy files to iTunes media folder when adding to library" Then add the songs from your external drive to iTunes with the cmd + o. When you're done, you can go back to your preferences and re-check that box.

Gary

On Aug 4, 2010, at 3:50 PM, Raymond wrote:

Hi all,

Now that I don't have any delay while working on my Mac Mini (busy busy busy) it is fun to play with iTunes.

I do have all my cd's in mp3 format on a external hard disk. Is it possible that I can tell iTunes that this location on my external hard disk is the location for the media files?

When I enter this location within the Advanced settings of iTunes nothing happens.

Tips are welcome.

Best regards,

Raymond